Case Study: Creating centers of well-being.
SITUATION: The think tank of AVBP was given an interesting challenge: how to develop tourism in areas of natural beauty that have easy access to cities? The need was to encourage visitors to be tourists closer to home. These tourists were looking for active holidays, with high interest and with a high degree of health involved.
FRAMING QUESTION: how can we develop our tourism business using our proximity to cities, areas of natural beauty and focus on health to develop a booming tourist industry, where people come back year after year.
SOLUTION: The Center of Well -being concept was proposed by the think tank. The basic idea is to create and market an area in a way to make it “sticky” offering so much and such a range that the visitor will be enticed back time and again.
- The region is designated large enough to hold many different experiences , but still be “graspable”. Approx 100 km in circumference.
- Criss-crossed by different trails, cycle, walking , canoeing, pony trekking
- Trails converge at service nodes. Each node offers a different experience
- One central center close to public transport functioning as a “launching off point”
- Personal trainers and wellness coaches offering to create special programs for visitors
- Program of arts and crafts and courses of all kinds
- One central marketing body
- Local products program
The think tank produced a white paper and that led to the Huddinge walking maps
Read the WHITEPAPER_COWB_3